Recently, Jeff worked as both a Camera Operator and Production Assistant with Zip In Media Productions, a Miami-based production studio that produces corporate, commercial, product, and web-based video content.
As a Production Assistant, Jeff assisted the director in various roles on-set for television advertisements, corporate productions, talking-head interviews, live-shoots, and product demonstrations. A few of these roles include camera operator, gaffer, and teleprompter operator.
Jeff also executed the role of a Product Photographer, shooting high-quality still images of products in-action on set. These photos were later used for marketing purposes on client social media accounts and administrative webpages. A few of these clients include Easy Flow Mask, SunJoe, AquaJoe, and Einhell.
Below are a few examples of Jeff’s photography:
After graduating from The University of Central Florida in May 2019, Jeff returned to South Florida and began freelancing as a Production Assistant with C&I Studios.
During this time, Jeff gained valuable hands-on experience with one of South Florida’s leading production studios, working on and off set, assisting producers, camera operators, and other production workers in the filmmaking process.
Some of the projects Jeff worked on include music videos for artists, such as Black Violin and Cris Cab, and interviews of professors, students, and organization leaders on the Florida International University campus.
Office duties include:
- Providing administrative assistance, such as breaking down the logistics of scripts in preparation for shoots, overseeing the delivery of props and décor, and distributing talent release forms.
- Managing the arrival of talent, production equipment, and set designs during studio-hosted events, known as Crew Call.
- Assisting in the production of in-studio interviews, known as Uncreative Radio.
During the spring of 2019, Jeff interned with Adrenaline Films, a full-service video production company specializing in branding, corporate, commercial, and broadcast productions.
As an intern, Jeff worked under the equipment coordinator, overseeing the studio warehouse and prepping production equipment, such as cameras, audio mixers, and grip bags for crew members.
Other office duties include:
- Driving company vehicles to run errands, such as transporting equipment, crew members, props/decor, and meal pick-ups.
- Assist in the supervision of production stages, wardrobe/green rooms, and green screens areas.
- Performing the duties of a Production Assistant on live-air, news broadcasts and in-studio productions.
Jeff also worked as a Production Assistant on various corporate, promotional, and marketing video shoots for companies, such as Universal Orlando Resort, Children’s Miracle Network, Victim Service Center of Central FL, and VidaCann.
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure (Universal Orlando)
- Set Your Own Boundaries (Victim Service Center of Central FL)
- 1VIBE Dance (The Today Show)
During the fall of 2018, Jeff interned with The Brooklyn Cafe TV, a live-streamed talk show that promotes events and local businesses throughout South Florida.
As a Videographer and Studio Assistant, Jeff produced various video content for web-based advertising, and helped run each broadcast’s production. He operated all studio equipment, including cameras, video switchers, soundboards, lighting, and oversaw the coordinating of studio guests.
When on location, Jeff transferred equipment, such as cameras and lighting, to and from each shooting location, and prepped all equipment for live broadcasts.
During the summer of 2017, Jeff interned in Los Angeles with Kids At Play, a one-stop production company specializing in creating content for television, film, and other forms of digital media.
As an intern, Jeff worked in-house under the executive assistants, organizing and reviewing screenplays in preparation of coverage reports for feature-length films and television pilots.
Other office duties included:
- Collaborating with the creative director to research and create various television show concepts for networks, such as The Food Network and The Travel Channel.
- Compiling and organizing documents of equipment/prop rental purchases for the company’s producer.
- Assisting in the production of in-house shoots and transporting of studio gear and prop rentals to and from shooting locations.